From: Reto Kramer
Subject: Mem requirements for Allegro CL 2.0 for Windows
I wonder if somebody call tell me how much
memory I need to put into a pc to run
Allegro CL 2.0 for Windows (3.11 and NT) decently.

Reto

From: David B. Lamkins
Subject: Re: Mem requirements for Allegro CL 2.0 for Windows
In article <··········@eunet.ch>, Reto Kramer <······@al.esec.ch> wrote:

> I wonder if somebody call tell me how much
> memory I need to put into a pc to run
> Allegro CL 2.0 for Windows (3.11 and NT) decently.

Depends on how much Lisp code you're loading up.  You can set the size of
the lisp heap using an initialization file - I think it's 8MB as
delivered.  You probably want to make sure that you have enough physical
memory to hold Lisp and the OS without paging or swapping.  For NT, I
think this means something like 24-32MB.

Dave
--
CPU Cycles: Use them now or lose them forever...
http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins
From: Francis Leboutte
In article <··········@eunet.ch>, ······@al.esec.ch says...

>I wonder if somebody call tell me how much
>memory I need to put into a pc to run
>Allegro CL 2.0 for Windows (3.11 and NT) decently.

At least 8 Mb for Windows 3.1 . At least 16 Mb for WindowsNT (which
needs about 130 Mb on the hard disk).
Notice that Windows NT is far more robust than Windows 3.1 ...

Francis