From: Persky Yakov
Subject: Looking for Lisp Grammar
I'm looking for Lisp  grammar. It may be in one of 2 following forms:
    1. As a YACC file (preferrable)
    2. In the BNF (Backus Naur Form)
Thanks in advance for any help.
                          Yakov.

From: Erik Naggum
Subject: Re: Looking for Lisp Grammar
[Persky Yakov]

|   I'm looking for Lisp  grammar. It may be in one of 2 following forms:
|       1. As a YACC file (preferrable)
|       2. In the BNF (Backus Naur Form)
|   Thanks in advance for any help.

why do you need this?  maybe YACC/BNF is not the best solution to your
problem.  btw, I haven't seen any such grammars.

#<Erik 3017053170>
--
#<Xyzzy 202B370B73>
From: Thomas A. Russ
In article <...> ········@lune.math.tau.ac.il (Persky Yakov) writes:
 > I'm looking for Lisp  grammar. It may be in one of 2 following forms:
 >     1. As a YACC file (preferrable)
 >     2. In the BNF (Backus Naur Form)

At its most basic :)

SYMBOL ::=  ...

NUMBER ::=  ...

STRING ::=  ...

CONS ::= (EXPRESSION . EXPRESSION)

EXPRESSION ::= SYMBOL | NUMBER | STRING | CONS | ()

From: Richard M. Alderson III
In article <··········@post.tau.ac.il> ········@lune.math.tau.ac.il
(Persky Yakov) writes:

>I'm looking for Lisp  grammar. It may be in one of 2 following forms:
>    1. As a YACC file (preferrable)
>    2. In the BNF (Backus Naur Form)

Look for John Allen's _Anatomy of LISP_ (1978, McGraw-Hill; ISBN 0-07-001115-X)
which has a BNF grammar (roughly 8 lines) and discusses the semantics thereof
for roughly 400 pages.

You can also see pp. 8-9 of _LISP 1.5 Programmer's Manual_ (2nd ed. 1965, MIT
Press, ISBN 0 262 13011 4).
--
Rich Alderson   You know the sort of thing that you can find in any dictionary
                of a strange language, and which so excites the amateur philo-