From: Student user cad2 6
Subject: GBB and CLisp
Hi,

I'm trying to compile the GBB v1.2 blackboard system with CLisp.
So far, I was not able to compile it due to the generic extensions not
being specific for CLisp. Has anyone been successful with it? Any help
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andre

E-mail: ·····@mselrt4.ise.vt.edu
From: Dan Corkill
Subject: Re: GBB and CLisp
In article <··········@solaris.cc.vt.edu> Student user cad2 6 <·····@mselrt4.ise.vt.edu> writes:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to compile the GBB v1.2 blackboard system with CLisp.
>So far, I was not able to compile it due to the generic extensions not
>being specific for CLisp. Has anyone been successful with it? Any help
>will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The UMass GBB (V1.2) system was completed around 1988-9, and reflects
the state of Common Lisp at that time.  The generic extensions should
get you most of the way (CLisp specific would give you better
performance, however), but you'll have to deal with changes like
load-forms for structures, etc.

Although there are still UMass GBB users (the system is available via
FTP from ftp.umass.cs.edu and other locations, such as the CMU AI
Respository), I don't know if anyone has done the port to CLisp.

Because Blackboard Technology Group, Inc., offers such as substantial
academic discount on the GBB product (80%), most academic users
(the source of porting labor!) are using the commercial release
(6 years improved over the UMass GBB research system).  Information
on GBB and the commercial system can be found at:

  http://www.bbtech.com/

-- Dan