From: Marcus Kesseler
Subject: WYSIWYG-ish editor for ACL for Windows?
Hi,

I'm looking for an editor for ACL for Windows that offers more than
the standard (windows) editor the system comes with. I need a way to
mark text that goes beyond simple inversion of the single color the
single font is available in (ie different fonts or different colors
for the standard font).

I need this to build an HTML-Editor into Lisp that goes at least some
steps towards WYSIWYG. Note that an external editor that is able to
communicate with ACLW is not what I'm looking for (we already use
WinEmacs). I need a very tight integration between the editor and my
application, which is only possible if the editor's state is directly
accessible to Lisp.

I doubt someone has such a beast just ready and is furthermore willing
to share the code, so that I would also be grateful for pointers to
WYSIWYG editors developed for other Lisp platforms that might be used
as a starting point of a port.

Perhaps someone at Franz Inc. would care to comment on their plans in
this direction.

Thank you,

Marcus

Marcus Kesseler
University of Erlangen-Nuernberg	*** Attention: New telephone numbers
IMMD8 - KI (Artificial Intelligence)		     Tel: (+49 9131) 85 9913
Am Weichselgarten 9				     Fax: (+49 9131) 85 9905
D-91058 Erlangen   	   e-mail: ········@immd8.informatik.uni-erlangen.de