From: David Gadbois
Subject: Environmental inquiry functions for Lucid
Has anyone done implementations of FUNCTION-INFORMATION and
VARIABLE-INFORMATION for Lucid Common Lisp 4.[01]?

Thanks,
--David Gadbois
From: David Gadbois
Subject: Re: Environmental inquiry functions for Lucid
I wrote:
>Has anyone done implementations of FUNCTION-INFORMATION and
>VARIABLE-INFORMATION for Lucid Common Lisp 4.[01]?

No responses, so I went ahead and wrote my own.  Check out
ftp://ftp.cs.utexas.edu:/pub/ops5/gadbois/environment.lisp.  There are
implementation for Genera and Lucid there.  If anyone has versions for
other CLs to add, pass them along to me and I will add them to the
archive.

It turns out that some of the information is just missing, so there is
really no way of writing complete and correct versions.  However, if
all you want to do is determine if there is a non-ignored function or
variable binding, it will do the right thing.

--David Gadbois