From: Johannes Lorenz
Subject: Q: how reliable is KEE on Solaris 2.x
Hello,

is anybody using IntelliCorp's KEE (Knowledge Engineering Environment)
on Solaris 2.x and could give a short review of his experience?

Johannes
····@lft.mw.tu-muenchen.de
From: Mark Tait
Subject: Re: Q: how reliable is KEE on Solaris 2.x
In <··········@sunserver.lrz-muenchen.de> ····@lft.mw.tu-muenchen.de (Johannes Lorenz) writes:

Hello Johannes,

  I am in the mist of recompiling KEE 4.1 on Harlequin/Lucid Lisp
4.1.2 running under Solaris 2.3.  KEE tends to be as reliable as the
lisp it is on top of.  In the case of LCL 4.1.1 on Solaris there were
some major problems with the lisp.  First you needed a couple of Sun
Kernal patches (The Jumbo Kernal patch I believe it was called) and
then you needed some bug-xxx.sbins from Luicd.  If you did all this
then you got a fine lisp that couldn't load shared libs from solaris.
This caused a lot of problems with KEE customers since they couldn't
get the static libs from other vendors for Solaris.  Harlequin/Lucid
tells me that the shared lib problems are fixed with LCL 4.2.1.  If
this is the case then KEE should be just as solid under Solaris as
under any other OS.  We have a customer here in the states that runs a
large KEE application (> 500 megs of Swap required) that runs quite
well on a Sparc 20 under Solaris 2.3.  He switched from Sunos and
(once loadeing the patches) only had to recompile.  Everything else
worked just as it did under SonOS 4.1.3.  If you want more specifics
(like recommended Swap, Ram, Processor etc) just drop me a note.

Mark Tait.

--
|Mark-Andrew R. Tait  | IntelliCorp              |
·····@intellicorp.com | 1975 El Camino Real West |