From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: 2 simple commonlisp questions
Amy Caplan <····@well.sf.ca.us> asked two simple questions:

> 1. If one does (declare (inline func)), is this only applicable to the
> current file / can an inline declaration *ever* have any effect across
> files?

It can, depending on the implementation. In CLISP, a function defined
in file D.LSP and used in file U.LSP will be inline if
- it has been PROCLAIMed/DECLAIMed inline before its definition in file D.LSP,
- it is defined in a null lexical environment,
- there is a (REQUIRE 'D) before its use in file U.LSP.

How do other implementations handle this?

> 2. If there are some objects (e.g. structures with arrays as members)
> in memory, is there a way of printing them to disk and later reading
> back equivalent things?  [I tried setting *print-array* to true]

Try setting *print-readably* to T, if the implementation supports this.

                    Bruno Haible
                    ······@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de