From: David D. Miller
Subject: gcl-1.0
I just tried installing gcl v1.0 on AIX version 3.2.5.  It appears a
file is missing from the distribution archive:

	gtar: Could not link ./gcl-1.0/o/cmpinclude.h to ./gcl-1.0/h/cmpinclude.h : No s uch file or directory

I looked thoughout the entire gcl-1.0 directory structure, and couldn't
find anything like cmpinclude.h.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

--
David D. Miller             | "...now that Sunday is no longer a mandated
AIX IDD Tools Support       |  day of rest, there's so much more shopping

From: Ron Parr
Subject: Re: gcl-1.0
In article <···········@austin.ibm.com>,
David D. Miller <········@austin.ibm.com> wrote:
>I just tried installing gcl v1.0 on AIX version 3.2.5.  It appears a
>file is missing from the distribution archive:
>
>	gtar: Could not link ./gcl-1.0/o/cmpinclude.h to ./gcl-1.0/h/cmpinclude.h : No s uch file or directory
>
>I looked thoughout the entire gcl-1.0 directory structure, and couldn't
>find anything like cmpinclude.h.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

cmpinclude.h is in my glc-1.0/h directory.  Maybe you accidentally
deleted it - or perhaps the add-defs program deleted it.  Try untarring
it again or perhaps ftping it again.  (I got my copy yesterday.)

While we're on the topic here, I can't get gcl to compile for DECstation
5100's under Ultrix or HP7XX's under HP-UX.  Has anybody had any better
luck?  What platforms does it work on?

(On the HP's cc complains about not being able to find alloca.h, as well
it should since our local gurus inform me that there is no such thing in
HP-UX.  On the DECstations, I get a syntax error, again something
related to a memory allocation call.)

Ron Parr
(····@cs.berkeley.edu)
From: Mark Kantrowitz
In article <···········@austin.ibm.com>,
David D. Miller <········@austin.ibm.com> wrote:
>I just tried installing gcl v1.0 on AIX version 3.2.5.  It appears a
>file is missing from the distribution archive:
>I looked thoughout the entire gcl-1.0 directory structure, and couldn't
>find anything like cmpinclude.h.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Make sure you're using the config script correctly -- you're probably
deleting the h/cmpinclude.h file after it is installed.

--mark