From: Keith M. Corbett
Subject: allegro cl/pc 2.0 [Was: Re: defsystem for allegro cl/pc 2.0]
In article <··········@scruffy.cs.umd.edu>, ·······@cs.umd.edu (Scott Andrews) says:

>Allegro CL/PC 2.0 shipped in late august.

The 2.0 release came with excellent documentation. I am very happy
with this product. Some highlights:

  o IB - easy interface builder. (I have better things to do with my
    time instead of learning the Windows API.)

  o Tools - I still miss my LM but not as much. Integration with
    Windows is very good.

    The text editor comes with an emacs mode with decent emulation
    of 75+ commands - basic Lisp mode.

    I'm still waiting for the WinEmacs interface, switching back
    and forth is slightly annoying.

  o Runtime generator - again easy, very powerful.

> Finally, 32 bit lisp!!!!

I don't need all of the bits. Can I get a refund? :?

. Keith M. Corbett      . Special Form Software  . Ask me about HyView
.. ···@specialform.com  .. 53 Farragut Road      .. document systems for
... 617.596.7021        ... Swampscott MA 01907  ... HTML and Interleaf