From: Berthe Y. Choueiry
Subject: job offers
Dear Netters,

I hope this is not irrelevant to this newsgroup. Please feel free to
distribute.

Please contact ········@lia.di.epfl.ch DIRECTLY.

Berthe Y. Choueiry
------------------------------

             Research Programmer Positions

             Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
             Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

             Lausanne, Switzerland

For several research projects which involve applications of advanced
AI technologies in configuration, resource allocation, and process
control, we are looking for researchers capable of implementing
prototypes which can be integrated with existing software systems. The
following qualifications are required:

  * A background and interest in Artificial Intelligence, especially
     constraint-based systems

  * Programming experience in both LISP and C/C++ on Unix platforms

  * Some knowledge of DOS and common DOS software packages

  * The ability to communicate in French would be an asset, but is
      not indispensable

EPFL offers very competitive salaries (minimum about SFr. 48'000/year)
and a stimulating international environment. There are many
educational possibilities offered by either EPFL or the neighbouring
University.

Please send your applications with CV and at least three references to:

  Boi Faltings
  LIA(DI), EPFL
  IN-Ecublens
  1015 Lausanne