From: Johannes Lorenz
Subject: Q: streams as clos-classes in LCL
Hello,

i use LCL 4.1.1 and CLOS and i would likely redirect some unix-output-streams
in a Motif-Text-Widget to monitor system activities.

For that i should have code in the following manner:

(defclass text-widget-stream (fundamental-character-input-stream)
	((text-widget :accessor text-widget :initarg :text-widget)
	 (input-buffer :accessor input-buffer :initform "")
	 (etc., etc., etc.,......)))

(defun make-text-widget-stream (text-widget
				&key (class 'text-widget-stream)
				     (initargs nil)
				&aux new)
	(setq new (make-object class initargs :text-widget text-widget))
	(etc., etc., etc.,......))

But the big problem is, that i havn't streams as clos-classes in my LCL4.1.1
- i guess Allegro have it -.

Is there any way at all to get streams as clos-classes in LCL4.1.1 or even an
extension to clos available?

I'm not a clos-expert, therefore any advice is of big help and very appreciated!

With friendly regards
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Johannes Lorenz

| xxxxx  x   x  xxxxxxx                Lehrstuhl fuer Fuegetechnik           |
|   x    x   x  x  x  x                Technische Universitaet Muenchen      |
|   x    x   x  x  x  x                Arcisstrasse 21                       |
|   x    xxxxx  x  x  x          80333 Muenchen                     .    .   |
|                                      Germany                     (_)  (_)  |
|                                      Phone: +49 89  21053339     | |  | |  |
|                                      Fax:   +49 89  21053340     | |/\| |  |
|                                      Dipl.-Ing. Johannes Lorenz            |
|  Email (RFC-822): ········@lft.mw.tu-muenchen.de                           |