From: k p c
Subject: Re: lisp dream
··@pollux.acs.oakland.edu (Daniel Finster) writes:
> Has anyone else been in the position, in a dream of not only dreaming
> _of_ lisp, but _in_ lisp as well (my debugging efforts were expressed
> as yet more generation of lisp code..), and where you were not only
> the author, but the interpreter as well?

Oh, I think it really is quite common, actually.  Surely you must have
been having a lucid dream.

	When I used to read fairytales, I fancied that kind of thing
	never happened, and now here I am in the middle of one!  There
	ought to be a book written about me, that there ought!
						-- Alice

--
···@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov.  AI, multidisciplinary neuroethology, info filtering.
From: William G. Dubuque
  From: ···@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov (k p c)
  ··@pollux.acs.oakland.edu (Daniel Finster) writes:
  > Has anyone else been in the position, in a dream of not only dreaming
  > _of_ lisp, but _in_ lisp as well (my debugging efforts were expressed
  > as yet more generation of lisp code..), and where you were not only
  > the author, but the interpreter as well?

  Oh, I think it really is quite common, actually.  Surely you must have
  been having a lucid dream.

	  When I used to read fairytales, I fancied that kind of thing
	  never happened, and now here I am in the middle of one!  There
	  ought to be a book written about me, that there ought!
						  -- Alice

I once had a dream that got into an infinite loop. I was able to
introspect and go lucid and recognize that I was in a dream that
was in an infinite loop, but before I was able to take advantage
of the lucidity I woke up, sigh. If you want to hear some strange
dreams, hop on over to alt.dreams.lucid. Its amazing how you can
manipulate your dreams once you manage to control lucidity.

But in this newsgroup--as we all know--all Lucid dreams are
history!