From: Henry G. Baker
Subject: Re: lisp dream
In article <················@pollux.acs.oakland.edu> ··@pollux.acs.oakland.edu (Daniel Finster) writes:
>Has anyone else been in the position, in a dream of not only dreaming
>_of_ lisp, but _in_ lisp as well (my debugging efforts were expressed
>as yet more generation of lisp code..), and where you were not only
>the author, but the interpreter as well?

I've heard it said that people dream in black-and-white instead of color.
I don't think that anyone has bothered to ask, but I think that people
may dream in 6-BIT ASCII UPPER CASE ONLY, as well.  :-)

Sussman and Steele had a paper ~1980 called the 'Dream of a Lifetime',
which is supposed to be the result of a parenthetical dream...

      Henry Baker
      Read ftp.netcom.com:/pub/hbaker/README for info on ftp-able papers.
From: Richard Lynch
In article <················@netcom.com>, ······@netcom.com (Henry G.
Baker) wrote:

|In article <················@pollux.acs.oakland.edu>
··@pollux.acs.oakland.edu (Daniel Finster) writes:
|>Has anyone else been in the position, in a dream of not only dreaming
|>_of_ lisp, but _in_ lisp as well (my debugging efforts were expressed
|>as yet more generation of lisp code..), and where you were not only
|>the author, but the interpreter as well?
|
|I've heard it said that people dream in black-and-white instead of color.
|I don't think that anyone has bothered to ask, but I think that people
|may dream in 6-BIT ASCII UPPER CASE ONLY, as well.  :-)

I dunno about anybody else, but I dream in full color...except that one
dream where everything in the world was different shades of icky puke
green. <shudder>

ObAnswerToQuery/LispThing.  Yes, I have dreamt of being every part of a
system running LISP.

-- "TANSTAAFL"  Rich ·····@ils.nwu.edu