From: Eric Shafto
Subject: Re: lisp dream
Daniel Finster (ยทยท@pollux.acs.oakland.edu) wrote:

[dream deleted]

: Has anyone else been in the position, in a dream of not only dreaming
: _of_ lisp, but _in_ lisp as well (my debugging efforts were expressed
: as yet more generation of lisp code..), and where you were not only
: the author, but the interpreter as well?

I once dreamed I was a lisp function.  I was in the process of
rewriting myself as I was executing.  The recursive call wasn't right,
and I had to fix it before I got to that line.  I was both the
interpreter and the code.  (And, I suppose, the programmer.)

: "`Curiouser and curiouser', said Alice."

Indeed.  I don't remember where I read a report of a mathematician who
dreamed he was the definite integral from 0 to 2 of some function or
other.

Sweet dream