From: Toby Donaldson
Subject: Allegro/Emacs interface problem
I'm trying to use the Allegro 4.2 emacs interface, but get all kinds of weird IO errors. The interface that comes with the previous version of Allegro seems to work fine with it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the interface?

Toby
--
Toby Donaldson                  | The more I think about it, the more I
University of Waterloo          | begin to believe it's the best pronoun.

From: Steve Haflich
Subject: Re: Allegro/Emacs interface problem

   From: ········@neumann.uwaterloo.ca (Toby Donaldson)
   Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 01:12:25 GMT

   I'm trying to use the Allegro 4.2 emacs interface, but get all
   kinds of weird IO errors. The interface that comes with the
   previous version of Allegro seems to work fine with it, but I'm
   wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the
   interface?

More likely any problems are between the new emacs-lisp interface code
and the particular Emacs you are using, than with the version of ACL.
I can't be more specific without some specifics about the errors and
the Emacs version.
From: Marco Antoniotti

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   From: ········@neumann.uwaterloo.ca (Toby Donaldson)
   Sender: ····@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca (news spool owner)
   Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 01:12:25 GMT

   I'm trying to use the Allegro 4.2 emacs interface, but get all
   kinds of weird IO errors. The interface that comes with the previous
   version of Allegro seems to work fine with it, but I'm wondering if
   anyone else has experienced problems with the interface?

   Toby

It depends on which versions of the software you are using. You could
give a look at ILISP (the latest version - 5.6 - can be found in the
Lisp Repository at CMU). Note though that there seem to be some
problems with the latest version of Emacs (19.27), which have not been
ironed out yet.

--
Marco Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab		| room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				Bertholdt Brecht