From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: GCL on SGI
Has anybody succeded in building and dumping GCL on a SGI (indy) with
the following uname:

	IRIX xenon 5.2 04091117 IP22 mips

The naive attempt will build (after some minor tweaking) with the
sgi4d definitions, but initialization fails with the following output:

	    ../unixport/raw_gcl ../unixport/
    GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  April 1994  16384 pages
    Initializing ../lsp/defmacro.o
    This file was dumped with FASD version ~a not ~a.
    Lisp initialization failed.

I must confess that it is by no means obvious from the MACHINES file,
that IRIX 5 is supported. Am I just out of luck?

Christian Lynbech               | Hit the philistines three times over the
office: R0.33 (phone: 3217)	| head with the Elisp reference manual.
email: ·······@daimi.aau.dk	|        - ·······@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)