From: Brad Miller
Subject: clisp runtime error
Hi,
	When running clisp through emacs (using the ilisp inferior process)
or a shell script, I get the following error message when doing a
load system command:

*** - UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): invalid argument

	However, if I run it interactively and type the same commands
as in the shell script, the system loads just fine.  I am using
the defsystem implementation from Mark Kantrowitz's Portable Utilities
for Common Lisp, if that matters.

	Does anyone have a clue?

thanks,
Brad Miller
·······@uiuc.edu
From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: clisp runtime error
Brad Miller <·······@tubman.cs.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>	When running clisp through emacs (using the ilisp inferior process)
> or a shell script, I get the following error message when doing a
> load system command:
>
> *** - UNIX error 22 (EINVAL): invalid argument
>
>	However, if I run it interactively and type the same commands
> as in the shell script, the system loads just fine.

This is a bug in clisp's FINISH-OUTPUT function. The newest clisp release
fixes this.

                    Bruno Haible
                    ······@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de