From: Matthias Wagner
Subject: handler-case & AKCL
I am trying to port a program written in LUCID Lisp to AKCL. The main
problem is the use of the standard LUCID error-handling which uses the
functions 'handler-case', 'define-condition' etc.

AKCL does not support these error-handling features. Can anyone tell me
if there's a possibility to ftp them in the public domain?

Thank you very much in advance (I really need this),

M. Wagner

From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: handler-case & AKCL

   From: ······@ki.informatik.uni-ulm.de (Matthias Wagner)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.clos,comp.lang.lisp
   Date: 17 Oct 1994 08:01:04 GMT

   I am trying to port a program written in LUCID Lisp to AKCL. The main
   problem is the use of the standard LUCID error-handling which uses the
   functions 'handler-case', 'define-condition' etc.

   AKCL does not support these error-handling features. Can anyone tell me
   if there's a possibility to ftp them in the public domain?

   Thank you very much in advance (I really need this),

   M. Wagner

IBUKI CL (a derivative of KCL) did have a condition package. I assume
that such a beast could be found somewhere. If you are using one of
the architectures supported by CMUCL, you'd better use that instead of
AKCL/GCL.

--
Marco Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab		| room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				Bertholdt Brecht
From: Bruno Haible
Matthias Wagner <······@ki.informatik.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> AKCL does not support these error-handling features. Can anyone tell me
> if there's a possibility to ftp them in the public domain?

Did you try the clcs/ subdirectory in
  parcftp.xerox.com:/pub/pcl/September-16-92-Systems.tar.Z ?
It seems to be specially adapted to work in AKCL.

                    Bruno Haible
                    ······@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de