From: ·····@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu
Subject: Re: Why do people like C? (Was: Compari
Subject: Re: Why do people like C? (Was: Comparison: Beta - Lisp)

William D. Gooch (······@swim5.eng.sematech.org) wrote:
: On Thu, 13 Oct 1994, Simon Brooke wrote:

: > .... This was just about the time
: > when X3J13 were driving their nails into the coffin of LisP, ....

: This seems to me to be extremely unfair to those who worked hard to put
: together a comprehensive and IMO high-quality standard for Common Lisp.
: Do you have any justification for this slam?  Did you offer your help?
I also think this quite unfair.  Back then it was much worse with the
different and incompatable dialects of Lisp like MacLisp, Zeta Lisp,
UCI Lisp, and Interlisp.  I don't believe Lisp is less popular now.
It is just that programming on microcomputers has exploded and Lisp
didn't participate in that explosion.

-David