From: Claudia Olrogge
Subject: Future of Lucid Common Lisp
Lucid Lisp is not dead and has not been acquired by Franz Inc.!

It's now time to finish all rumours about Lucid Lisp:
First of all the product lives and has better future than ever before. Why?

Due to the fact that some members within Lucid's former management
intended to focus more and more on C, C++ by ignoring the existing
profitable Lisp business, some internal events led to the result that
a third party acquired the rights to Lucid Inc. Lisp software.

This company is already well known in the Lisp market: Harlequin made a
solid commitment to maintain and offer future upgrades to all Lucid
Lisp software and to give the product the attention it deserves. They
established an office close to Lucid Inc. headquarters in California
and hired several leading Lucid developers and engineers to maintain
and upgrade Lucid Common Lisp.

So in fact the only thing which has changed is the investor, which
in this case will have a positive impact. We are happy to provide details
to anybody who is interested in.
From: Greg Parkinson
Subject: Re: Future of Lucid Common Lisp
In <············@sccomp.UUCP> ·······@sccomp.UUCP (Claudia Olrogge) writes:

>Lucid Lisp is not dead and has not been acquired by Franz Inc.!

[....]

>This company is already well known in the Lisp market: Harlequin made a
>solid commitment to maintain and offer future upgrades to all Lucid
>Lisp software and to give the product the attention it deserves. They
>established an office close to Lucid Inc. headquarters in California
>and hired several leading Lucid developers and engineers to maintain
>and upgrade Lucid Common Lisp.

This may all be true, but I've got to wonder about how well
it's being done since as far as I know, people with active
Lucid maintenance agreements have not been contacted.

Unless they got everyone else and missed me.

>So in fact the only thing which has changed is the investor, which
>in this case will have a positive impact. We are happy to provide details
>to anybody who is interested in.

I did *not* have a positive experience with Harlequin when
I dealt with them previously.

Greg Parkinson       "Isn't this a disgusting spectacle!"
···@panix.com                    Betty, on _I Love Lucy_