From: David B. Mcglumphy
Subject: HELP!!! SYSTEMVR4
	Does anyone know of a good LISP or CLISP interpreter for System
V Release 4?  I have been looking for a couple of weeks with no luck.
Everything I get is either for some other system or will not compile.  I
have had some experience with C and compiling programs and I don't mind
doing some work on it, but I just can't find one.  Also, if you know of
any good Prolog compilers that will compile on System V, please let me
know.
					Thanks,
						Dave McGlumphy
--
Dave McGlumphy
Academic Computing
From: Rodney D. Peyton
Subject: Re: HELP!!! SYSTEMVR4
In article ···@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu, ·····@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (David B. Mcglumphy) writes:

>	Does anyone know of a good LISP or CLISP interpreter for System
>V Release 4?  I have been looking for a couple of weeks with no luck.
>Everything I get is either for some other system or will not compile.  I
>have had some experience with C and compiling programs and I don't mind
>doing some work on it, but I just can't find one.  Also, if you know of
>any good Prolog compilers that will compile on System V, please let me
>know.
>					Thanks,
>						Dave McGlumphy
>--
>Dave McGlumphy
>Academic Computing
>Wheeling Jesuit College
>Internet: ·····@accunix.wjc.edu

Dave,

Did you receive any helpful replies to your posting above ? The reason for
asking is that I am currently taking a 5 week AI course which requires
lisp programming. I have access to Common Lisp on my University's
computer as well as at work, but I'd like to have it on my SVR4
computer at home. I tried compiling akcl-1-624 with add-defs ncr, but
the compile failed because ../c/unixfasl.c couldn't find dummyfasl.c (I
assume this file is either suppose to be generated auto-magically or
constructed manually). I just fetched gcl-1.0 from ftp.cli.com, but I
don't have high hopes that I'll have much greater success with it. Have
you tried gcl-1.0 and who's SVR4 are you using ?

Unfortunately, I can't spent much more time on trying to port it,
because the class I'm taking is a condensed version of a normal 15 week
graduate course. If I have any success with the port, I'll send you a
note.

---
Rodney Peyton
······@itd.nrl.navy.mil