From: Ira H. Fuchs
Subject: holidays.el
From: Ken Anderson
Subject: Re: holidays.el
In article <·····················@Princeton.EDU> ·····@tsar.princeton.edu (Ira H. Fuchs) writes:

   Newsgroups: comp.emacs,comp.lang.lisp
   From: ·····@tsar.princeton.edu (Ira H. Fuchs)
   Originator: ····@nimaster
   Sender: ····@Princeton.EDU (USENET News System)
   Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 17:08:52 GMT

   Has anyone ever seen a program which has the functionality of holidays.el
   but does not require either emacs or elisp to run? That is, I am looking
   for a program which does algorithmic date calculations for secular and
   religious holidays but I would like to run it under DOS (on an HP100LX) or
   passibly MacOS.

Send mail to Ed Reingold <········@cs.uiuc.edu> who has Lisp software for
converting between various calendars.  (It is written in Lisp for easy of
exposition.)  Related papers are:

``Calendrical Calculations'' by Nachum Dershowitz and Edward M. Reingold,
Software---Practice & Experience, vol. 20, no. 9 (September, 1990), pp.
899--928 and from ``Calendrical Calculations, II: Three Historical
Calendars'' by Edward M.  Reingold, Nachum Dershowitz, and Stewart M.
Clamen, Software---Practice & Experience, vol. 23, no. 4 (April, 1993), pp.
383--404.

Ken Anderson
Internet: ·········@bbn.com
BBN STC              Work Phone: 617-873-3160
10 Moulton St.       Home Phone: 617-643-0157
Mail Stop 6/4c              FAX: 617-873-3776
Cambridge MA 02138
USA