From: Luke Tierney
Subject: experimental byte code compiler for xlisp
A version of XLISP-PLUS 2.1 f that includes an experimental byte code
compiler is available for ftp from umnstat.stat.umn.edu (128.101.51.1)
in

	pub/xlispstat/xlisponly/xlisp21fbc.tar.gz

This is a tar file compressed with the GNU gzip utility.

At the moment only a UNIX version is available; it may not be too hard
to port to other systems by merging in the appropriate stuff.c file
from the standard 2.1 f distribution, but I have not tired this.

The compiler is still at a beta test level. It seems reasonably
stable, can compile itself, as well as slightly modified versions of
closette and of the xp pretty printer. The compiler design is based on
CPS conversion and is similar in basic structure to the ORBIT scheme
compiler.

This version of XLISP-PLUS is derived from XLISP-STAT 2.1 R3 by
deleting the statistical code. I have only used the compiler options
relevant to XLISP-STAT; other options may or may not work.  There are
also some other minor and/or gratuitous differences included to
support the statistical code of XLISP-STAT.

Luke Tierney
School of Statistics
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455