From: Vahe Avedissian
Subject: help with CLX
I need to get hold of clx to use with
lucid/allegro CL.

I was told there is a public domain version
available, but it may no longer be supported.

Anybody know where I can get a copy (sun/sgi
platforms) of source/objects ? Also what
really is the status of public clx ?

Many Thanks,

Vahe'

From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: help with CLX
CLX source is traditionally included on MIT's X11 distribution tapes.
The version on the X11R5 tape (CLX R5.0) has been superseded by CLX
R5.02, which can be FTP'ed from ftp.x.org and its many mirror sites.
It is located under the "contrib" directory as "CLX.R5.02.tar.Z".

Have fun,
--
Simon.
From: Steve Haflich

   From: ····@sparcy.Stanford.EDU (Vahe Avedissian)

   I need to get hold of clx to use with
   lucid/allegro CL.

   I was told there is a public domain version
   available, but it may no longer be supported.

   Anybody know where I can get a copy (sun/sgi
   platforms) of source/objects ? Also what
   really is the status of public clx ?

CLX is a part of the MIT X11 distribution, so that's one place to
obtain a source copy.  There are makefiles and customized files in the
distribution to compile it on your favorite Common Lisp.

I don't think any vendors are doing additional CLX development these
days -- although some users occasionally hack new features.  It seems
most changes are just maintenance to make sure CLX stays stable, and
compiles and runs properly on new product releases.

Franz also includes CLX sources on its distribution tapes.  Presumably
these sources are the same as what is, was, or will be in some
particular X distribution, but you have the advantage of knowing that
these sources have been checked out with that particular product
release.