From: Helen J. Borek
Subject: REPOST: Two Programming Positions Available
Office of Professor John R. Anderson
Department of Psychology
Carnegie  Mellon  University

Thursday, March 10, 1994

We are looking for programmers to fill two positions under the
supervision of John R. Anderson:

1)

The first position available is involved on an Arpa-sponsored project
with Apple, Houghton
Mifflin, and PWS to develop intelligent tutoring techniques.

The goals are to develop authoring tools with Apple and electronic
titles with the publishers.  This may involve programming in LISP, C,
Apple's Toolkit language, and the actual authoring languages.

We are looking for people with good knowledge of AI programming
techniques.  A package in cognitive modeling and educational
applications would also be valuable.

2)

The second position involves designing experiments and doing cognitive
modeling in LISP.  A background in AI and cognitive psychology is
necessary.

An electronic mail response is preferred.  Please respond to
······@cmu.edu if at all possible.

(Please respond via facsimile to (412) 268-2844 only if necessary.)

Thank you!