From: Richard Lynch
Subject: Moving to c++
Can anyone recommend an intro and a reference to c++ for a guy who groks
LISP?

-- "TANSTAAFL"  Rich ·····@ils.nwu.edu

From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: Moving to c++
·····@ils.nwu.edu (Richard Lynch) writes:

>Can anyone recommend an intro and a reference to c++ for a guy who groks
>LISP?

Shoot.

[Sorry, couldn't resist :-)]

obsiriously:

I don't think a former Lisp-programmer may need different literature
than other programmers. I recommend Stroustrups book, because it is a
book that makes clear *how* C++ should be used, not only what is
possible.
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Martin Cracauer <········@wavehh.hanse.de>,Voice+4940-5221829,Fax.-5228536
From: ian barland
Subject: help: loading macros from a file (mit-scheme)
Hi, I am using MIT-scheme (v7.3b).
I use "define-macro" and all goes smoothly, except that
when the macro is defined in a (.scm) file and I try to "load" the
file, the macro is in effect only for that file,
and isn't available back at the level where I did the "load" from
(which is what I want).

The documentation I have makes a reference to "you'll want to
define macros in your own syntax table and then make that the
current syntax table with 'gst'", but doesn't say how to
initially create a syntax table, or how to define a macro with
respect to a certain table.

Thanks in advance, if anybody is able to give me any help,

Ian Barland