From: Biogenous Material
Subject: what to do
I've been programming in lisp for a long time but all my previous work
has been on eitehr DOS or SunOS and I was looking for some advice to what
lisp compiler(preferrably a nice gui one) would bebest for either:

a)  NextStep on a pentium if I decide to shell out the $ for NExtStep

or

b)  Linux o na pentium if I am cheap.

I've heard of xlisp and garnet, was told garnet won't work on linux.
Anyways if someone could tell me the nicest one to use on those two
platforms I'd be much appreciative.  Thanks.

ps. preferrably something with some nice tools for ai work and that sort
of thing which iswhy I wanted to run garnet.

--
b00
From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: Re: what to do
In article <············@mindvox.phantom.com> ·····@mindvox.phantom.com
(Biogenous Material) writes:
> I've been programming in lisp for a long time but all my previous work
> has been on eitehr DOS or SunOS and I was looking for some advice to
what
> lisp compiler(preferrably a nice gui one) would bebest for either:
>
> a)  NextStep on a pentium if I decide to shell out the $ for NExtStep

As far as I know, only akcl runs under NeXTStep on a Pentium.  Not
the fanciest "gui", I'm afraid.  (Is that pronounced "gooey" or "guy"?)