From: ········@vax.sonoma.edu
Subject: Help with LISP and EMACS
I don't know if this is a lisp problem or emacs problem, and since I am new at
both, and did read the many FAQ's and did not find any answers to my problem I
will post it here.

I run Linux SLackware version 1.1.2 which includes the latest CLISP and EMACS.
My AI instructor tells me that M-x run-lisp should run the CLISP within EMACS.
I am able to do this on a SUN workstation (Spark2) but not able to launch it at
home.

What I have done:

I have created symlinks from /lisp to /usr/bin/clisp.  I can type lisp, and it
comes up in a shell.  I have even gone so far as to include /usr/bin/clisp in
my path, and even copied /usr/bin/clisp to /lisp.

What happens:

After typing M-x run-lisp, it tries to run it, but then at the top of my screen
it says:

Cannot run /lisp
Process lisp-inferior exited.

I can do a M-x shell then type LISP and it works fine, but I lose some of the
emacs functionality.

If anyone has any suggestions, please write privately.

Thanks

--
Eric Levinson, CS Major, Senior, Sonoma State University
·············@rcisnet.org  | Home computer (UUCP)