From: SSA
Subject: Porting from AKCL to MCL - translators/tips?
I'm trying to translate a rather large program written in Austin-Kyoto
Common Lisp (and localized, using #+ constructs, to several other
dialects of Lisp, including Lucid, CMU and Allegro) to compile it
under Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL).

I would be interested in any help or advice for doing this AKCL-to-MCL
port.  In particular, a list highlighting the differences in syntax and
semantics between the two dialects would be helpful.  Even better, of
course, would be an automatic translation program - if such a beast exists.

The program I'm translating is an interpreter for the executable
specification language OBJ3 (developed by Joseph Goguen, Jose Meseguer et
al. at SRI International in Menlo Park, California).

Thanks for the help.

Scott Alexander
········@world.std.com
The San Juan Star (newspaper)