From: Henner Bartels
Subject: URGENT: serial line access with CLISP (Amiga port) HELP needed
I am using the most recent version of CLISP for the C= Amiga. Currently
I try to access the serial interface to communicate with a micro-
controller set up to continuosly broadcast a letter until it recieves
a new letter (and so on...). The communication is working (proved with
terminal-prog) using 9600 baud on serial port 0 (SER:).

What I have done so far:
  (setf handle (open "SER:9600" :direction :io))
  (read-char-no-hang handle)
  (listen handle)
;; both return nil even if the board is attached and sending
  (read-char handle)
;; waits until first char is received, displays that char even after
;; board gets removed (buffers are flushed)
  (write-char #'<a new char> handle)
;; the new char will not recognized, if no board is attached, waits ('cause)

I've tried the same using the aux: device but even wasn't able to read
a char at all. (But I might have done a mistake here).

Any help is accepted, any suggestions, hints wishes or flames are welcomed.
Hmmm, the latter not at all ;-)

* Henner Bartels                            * Capitalism is in no way  *
*                                           * superior to communism.   *
* ·······@rzdspc5.informatik.uni-hamburg.de * It simply remained.      *