From: Armadeus
Subject: Re: Programming help needed!!dir
In article <··········@portal.gmu.edu>, ·······@mason1.gmu.edu (Ljudevit Bauer) writes:
> Hi everyone.
> I'm writting some stuff in lisp and I'm stuck.  I have a function which
> accepts two lists as arguments.  Elements of one list can be lisp or
> user-defined functions which are later used inside the function.  How do
> I assign the function to an atom so that I can call it later?  The
> function call looks like this:
>> (myfunct '((? x numberp)) '(99))
> it's supposed to return true if (numberp 99) returns true, nil
> otherwise.  I need to assign numberp to a symbol, and I have no idea how
> to do that.
> I'd appreciate any help.

(eval `(,(cddar <first formal param>) ,(car <second formal param>)))

I suggest you try and do your own work for assignments - there's more optimal
ways than the path you're following...

		           From Martin Glanvill

--===**| "Arm Powered" Dodo Breeder's Association of New Zealand Inc. |**===--
e-mail     : ···@hoiho.math.waikato.ac.nz
								********
snail-mail : c/- Dept Mathematics & Statistics			*****/|*
             University of Waikato				****/#|*
             PO Box 3105					***/__|*
             Hamilton 2020					**/~~~|*
             New Zealand					********

Predestination was doomed from the start.