From: MIZUTANI Kenji
Subject: MAKING CMU CL
Hi,

     I'm trying to make CMU CL (17e) on SparcStations (SUNOS4.1.3)
from a public source file 17e-source.tar because I want to get more
heap area, whose size seems to be 1M bytes now, for malloc() in C
functions loaded by ALIEN package.

     Though I read a manual "Design of CMU Common Lisp" in 1992, in
which how to build CMU CL is described, I couldn't get enough idea and
failed to make version 17e.  I think the manual is a little
old-fashioned for the current versions but I couldn't find any newer
one.

     Does anyone know how to enlarge the heap area starting from
#x00000000?  Or would you please tell me how to make CMU CL biefly?

     Thanks in advance...

--
Kenji Mizutani                             phone:  (07749)8-2527
Central Research Labs.                     fax:    (07749)8-2582