From: jc.beaudoin
Subject: Re: Is CLX dead? (Re: C machines (was: copy-file))
I would like to know what kind of work the CLX user community would
like to see done on CLX in order in order to keep it usable.

I was also told that there are currently multiple differing branches
of the CLX source and that it could be useful to have them merged back
into one. Could someone enumerate those branches?

If nobody has any objection I'd be ready to put some efforts into
reviving/supporting CLX. I will browse the code during the weekend and
I will decide more precisely what I'd like to do with it on Monday.

Jean-Claude Beaudoin
--
Jean-Claude Beaudoin

Sobeco Ernst & Young,   division MultiLIS         email: ········@sobeco.com
505 boul. Rene-Levesque ouest                     tel: (514) 878-9090 ext.352
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Is CLX alive? (Re: Is CLX dead?)

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   From: ········@sobeco.com (jc.beaudoin)
   Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 22:53:23 GMT

   I would like to know what kind of work the CLX user community would
   like to see done on CLX in order in order to keep it usable.

   I was also told that there are currently multiple differing branches
   of the CLX source and that it could be useful to have them merged back
   into one. Could someone enumerate those branches?

   If nobody has any objection I'd be ready to put some efforts into
   reviving/supporting CLX. I will browse the code during the weekend and
   I will decide more precisely what I'd like to do with it on Monday.

Thanks for your offer.

There are two version of CLX I know of. One comes with the X11R5/6
distribution and the other with the CMUCL distribution.

The differences are minimal. In the X11R5/6 version there is no CMUCL
support.

I suppose that each of the vendors has his own version too.

Happy Lisping

--
Marco Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab		| room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				Bertholdt Brecht