From: ········@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu
Subject: Writing to a file
Dear LISPers,

    I was wondering how I go about writing to a text file.  I am wanting to
store information in a file by text and not stream.  Can anyone help me in
this?

	Thanks in advance,

		Jeff

PS are there any LISP list-servers out there?
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Writing to a file
In article <·················@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu> ········@wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu writes:
>    I was wondering how I go about writing to a text file.  I am wanting to
>store information in a file by text and not stream.  Can anyone help me in
>this?

What does "store ... by text and not stream" mean?  In Lisp (and most
programming languages), a stream is the program's interface to a file.

To write to a text file in Common Lisp, open the file with (OPEN "filename"
:DIRECTION :OUTPUT) or WITH-OPEN-FILE, and use functions like WRITE-CHAR,
WRITE-STRING, and WRITE-LINE.