From: Wayne Wallace
Subject: Lisp for DOS
I use AutoCAD which has an AutoLISP language that I am pretty
good with from what I understand it is a subset of the orginal
language.  What I would like to know is there a LISP compliler
that will make a EXE for DOS, I am studying C but if I need
something quick I could probably do better with a lisp compiler
until I get fluent with C plus I just like lisp.

Also what features are available in LISP for the DOS as many as
in C or is it limited?

Wayne
---
. SLMR 2.0 . 411-Exchange - AutoCAD/Engineering BBS - (404) 587-9270

----
411-Exchange BBS - (404) 587-4071 - CALL TODAY!!!!!! - send email request for
our Internet mailig list and become an email member. "Serving the AutoCAD and
Engineering Community" - "Home of the Global Electronic AutoCAD Users Group"
From: Martin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Lisp for DOS
In article <·············@411.org> ·············@411.org "Wayne Wallace" writes:

> I use AutoCAD which has an AutoLISP language that I am pretty
> good with from what I understand it is a subset of the orginal
> language.  What I would like to know is there a LISP compliler
> that will make a EXE for DOS, I am studying C but if I need
> something quick I could probably do better with a lisp compiler
> until I get fluent with C plus I just like lisp.

I think you'd probably lose the AutoCAD features if you wanted to
compile AutoLisp, tho I really don't know. If there's a library
for AutoCAD that you can use with C, then it might be possible,
but I don't know of any such library.

> Also what features are available in LISP for the DOS as many as
> in C or is it limited?

That depends on which dialetc you want to use, and which implementation
you choose. You should be able to do most things in Lisp that you can
in C, apart from some very platform specific things like writing a device
driver. It depends a lot on the platform and the dialect of Lisp.

Since you say you're using DOS, I doubt you'll have many problems. Device
drivers will come supplied with most hardware, and if use you can't use
one with Lisp, then you probably can't use it with C either.

The Lisp FAQ gets posted here once a month, and you can find details
of where to get a number of Lisps that support DOS. Good luck.

--
Martin Rodgers, WKBBG, London UK   AKA "Cyber Surfer"

Assuming that Clipper will need to be global to be effective, write
to ················@cpsr.org and tell them you oppose Clipper. Now.
This is a shareware .signature  -- please pass it on!