From: STEB
Subject: questions & thoughts
Hello all,

1) A little while ago there was a post about the file "auxfns.lisp" generating
continuable errors due to redefinition of CL functions. I ran into this problem
yesterday when I went to try Mr. Norvig's code in my copy of Clisp. An easier
solution than the ones posted before is to load the files, "continue" as
necessary, and then save out a new memory image. When you need those
definitions, load that image and continue to use the origional image otherwise.
(uses a bit more disk this way, but it works for me)

2) I'm still very new to Common Lisp (experiance in Scheme though), and am
thinking about (ulp!) buying a CL implementation. (OK, so I want a fancier env.
than Clisp provides). Does anyone out there have experiance with Medley for
OS/2? From the company's lit, it sounds very good, but then that's to be
expected :> Anyone got any opinions? Other systems? Note, I *need* student
pricing.

Thanks in advance
William Lewis
ยทยทยทยท@macc.wisc.edu       GOV.SYS Corrupt. Reboot Congress (Y/N)?