From: Rebecca Ryan
Subject: Need Help on CLISP build
Hi.

I am trying to build a public-domain lisp: CLISP on an ALPHA/OSF-1/v1.3 platform.
The machine is an ALPHA 3000/300 with 32M RAM.

When I attempt to make interpreted.mem (a required step), I get the following error:

#make interpreted.mem
./lisp.run -m 750KW -x "(load \"init.lsp\") (sys::%saveinitmem) (exit)"
sh: 9133 Memory fault
*** Exit 139
Stop.

Nor can I make compiled.mem , nor test, all required steps in the build process

I am using the cc compiler that shipped with the OS.  I got the same error when I
used gcc.  We are at version 1.3 of teh OS, which means we're not using 64bit
addressing.

I need help.  All suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

*			Rebecca S. Ryan				        *
*			University of Kansas; EECS			*
*			Lawrence, Kansas (913) 864-4615			*
*			····@eecs.ukans.edu				*
From: Pierre Sarrazin
Subject: Re: Need Help on CLISP build
In article <······················@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> ····@tisl.ukans.edu (Rebecca Ryan) writes:
>I am trying to build a public-domain lisp: CLISP on an ALPHA/OSF-1/v1.3 platform.
>The machine is an ALPHA 3000/300 with 32M RAM.

	[Description of problem deleted]

>*			Rebecca S. Ryan				        *

I'm also having problems building CLISP (the 94-01-25 version) -
I'm using gcc 2.4.5 on FreeBSD 1.0.2 (SYSCONS). I did the following:

    ./target freebsd
    cd freebsd
    ./makemake i386 gcc >makefile

During the building process, I had to comment out the second '#include
<sys/socket.h>' directive in freebsd/socket.c. I also had to create by
myself a number of symbolic links to files in the src/ directory.
Nevertheless, the process continued until the following error occured:

./lisp.run -m 750KW -M interpreted.mem -q -c compiler.lsp
./lisp.run: operating system error during load of initialisation file
errno = 14.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I don't know what to do with this.

I run FreeBSD on a 486/33MHz with 8 megs of RAM. There is about
50 megs of free space on the /usr partition of the disk.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <········@iro.umontreal.ca>