From: gtkakega
Subject: HELP!
Greetings people, I'm currently taking a course on the design and implement-
ation of programming languages, and I have a LISP programming assignment due
in a couple of days. Basically, what our professor does is lecture us on the
various structures (data, name, control, syntatic) of a programming language,
with respect to design and implementation, and then he'll throw us a
compiler/interpreter and instruct us to get to work. For our LISP assignment
he gave us PC-LISP, but I prefer using XLISP (MSDOS version). I understand
that LISP is an interpretive language (like BASIC), but unlike BASIC which
loads a tokenized program, LISP uses plain ASCII source code. To execute a
program in BASIC, you simply RUN the program, in LISP, you call a function.
To get a program listing in BASIC, you simply LIST the program, but in LISP?
I understand that a LISP program is nothing but a group of list-processing
functions defined one after another, but still, how does one list it? And
how exactly does one go about editing a LISP program from within the
interpreter itself?

Any help would be appreciated, please reply via Email.

········@thunder.lakeheadu.ca