From: Martin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Why is Lisp too Big?
In article <···············@netcom.com> ······@netcom.com "David Pollen" writes:

> I don't understand why people consider Lisp too big to be highly usable.
> This may have been true some time ago.  But now with Hard Drive and
> Ram prices falling like they have been and will be for years, how
> can people support the "Lisp is just too big" line.

I suspect that the probklem is that different people have different
expectations. Which dialect of Lisp do you mean, and which vendor?

> Alternatively, people might think Lisp has too many functions, but that
> argument but I don't think that this argument cuts it either.

Which Lisp?

> Are there any people out there who can tell me what the current and
> valid arguments are for this theory?

There are as many theories and arguments as there are programmers and
users. Take your pick.

--
Martin Rodgers, WKBBG, London UK   AKA "Cyber Surfer"

If "One likes to believe in the freedom of email", email
················@cpsr.org and tell them you oppose Clipper.
This is a shareware .signature  -- please pass it on!