From: Russ Abbott
Subject: Modelling Systgem
I'm looking for a generic system that lets one develop a database
of model templates and then provides a point-and-click interface
so that users can assemble those components into larger
structures.

The template database system should allow one to specify, for example,
that an object of type A may/must include an object of type B, another
object of type C and, say, either an object of type D or one of type
E.  I'm sure you can imagine various contruction rules and constraints
that should be specifyable.

The end-user interface would then allow an end user to instantiate
such templates interactively in order to build a complex object.

My use for such a system is as a front end to a simulator.  The user's
construction would specify the objects and their structure in the
initial state of an existing simulator.

Does anyone know of such a package, either public domain or commerical?

Thanks.

-- Russ Abbott