From: Nick Koudas
Subject: run-unix-program : question
I have the following lisp question. I am using lucid lisp and i would like to call
the function run-unix-program in order to externaly call the wn (word net) program.
The signature of the call is wn word -synsn. The command run-unix-program eccepts
arguments  as a string. When i type the string "word -synsn" when the call
is executed the space is substituted with a '_' (underscore character) and
as a result the call fails. Does any body know why this happens, any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would be greatly obliged if you could email me directly possible answers since i am
not reading this group and I will summarizw and post if there is interest.
Thank you in advance.
--
Nick Koudas
University of Maryland,