From: Vahe Y. Avedissian
Subject: sgi/gl support for common lisp
I was wondering if anyyonw know of an off the shelf
gl support package for Common Lisp (lucid). I'd hate
to redevelop one with all those foereign function calls
if it's already been done.

Thanks for any pointers.

Vahe

From: Fernando Mato Mira
Subject: Re: sgi/gl support for common lisp
In article <··········@Times.Stanford.EDU>, ····@sparcy.Stanford.EDU (Vahe Y. Avedissian) writes:

> I was wondering if anyyonw know of an off the shelf
> gl support package for Common Lisp (lucid). I'd hate
> to redevelop one with all those foereign function calls
> if it's already been done.

If you need this for something other than a six-month student
project, prototype, etc. I would suggest that you contact your
vendor asking them to develop appropriate support for Open GL.
This approach will be OK in GL (dying NOW) but with Open GL it
requires either:

a. Creating Open GL windows by hacking, creating Xlib windows
   (forget about using CLX with this windows).

b. Hacking CLX to create Xlib windows in the Open GL case

c. The real thing (I won't say it again).

--
F.D. Mato Mira
Computer Graphics Lab    ········@epfl.ch
From: Sundar Narasimhan
In article <··········@disuns2.epfl.ch>, ········@di.epfl.ch (Fernando Mato Mira) writes:
|> In article <··········@Times.Stanford.EDU>, ····@sparcy.Stanford.EDU (Vahe Y. Avedissian) writes:
|>
|> > I was wondering if anyyonw know of an off the shelf
|> > gl support package for Common Lisp (lucid). I'd hate
|> > to redevelop one with all those foereign function calls
|> > if it's already been done.
You may want to look in the contrib directory that comes with ELK.
Now ELK is scheme not the common lisp you ask for, but ...