From: M. S. Zakaria
Subject: LISP for Mac?
Hi,

I've looked at Common Lisp for mac but the price is way, way beyond my reach.
I have a hard time living on my grant let alone paying UKP800 for Common Lisp.
Does anybody know any good Lisp system for UKP200? I can't afford to pay more.

Thanks.

Shanudin Zakaria
Reading, UK.
From: Steve Strassmann
Subject: Re: LISP for Mac?
In article <··················@reading>, ········@reading.ac.uk (M. S.
Zakaria) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've looked at Common Lisp for mac but the price is way, way beyond my reach.
> I have a hard time living on my grant let alone paying UKP800 for Common Lisp.
> Does anybody know any good Lisp system for UKP200? I can't afford to pay more.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shanudin Zakaria
> Reading, UK.

Although we're quite proud of MCL (Macintosh Common Lisp),
you might also want to try Powerlisp 1.1, from
cambridge.apple.com:/pub/MCL2/contrib/powerlisp-1.1.hqx
It's $50 shareware, I believe, 1/10 the price of MCL, but
of course with significantly less functionality.

There's also some very nice free and inexpensive Schemes for
the Macintosh. My favorite is MacGambit 2.0, available from
cambridge.apple.com:/pub/dylan/gambit/, among other places.

Check the LISP FAQ and the SCHEME FAQ for more complete
listings and details.

Steve Strassmann
·····@apple.com