From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: What's going on with ANSI Common Lisp these days?
In article <···················@sobeco.com> ········@sobeco.com (jc.beaudoin) writes:
>I haven't heard much about the progress of ANSI Common Lisp lately.
>At the end of last year I read it was nearing final approval. Could
>someone bring me (and this group) up to date on the subject?

X3J13 approved the technical matter about a month ago, and forwarded it up
to X3 for processing.  There are still some non-technical matters we're
working on (the Acknowledgements section), but this is taking place in
parallel with the processing by the parent committees.

I expect that the processing by the parent committees will take a few
months, but don't expect any problems with approval.  I'd expect the
standard to come out by this winter.
--
Barry Margolin
System Manager, Thinking Machines Corp.

From: Lawrence G. Mayka
In article <···········@early-bird.think.com> ······@think.com (Barry Margolin) writes:

   In article <···················@sobeco.com> ········@sobeco.com (jc.beaudoin) writes:

   >I haven't heard much about the progress of ANSI Common Lisp lately.
   >At the end of last year I read it was nearing final approval. Could
   >someone bring me (and this group) up to date on the subject?

   X3J13 approved the technical matter about a month ago, and forwarded it up
   to X3 for processing.  There are still some non-technical matters we're
   working on (the Acknowledgements section), but this is taking place in
   parallel with the processing by the parent committees.

   I expect that the processing by the parent committees will take a few
   months, but don't expect any problems with approval.  I'd expect the
   standard to come out by this winter.

Does anyone know how Ada-9X and OO-Cobol are doing in the standards
process?  I heard that Common Lisp was in a dead heat with those two
to become the first ANSI-standard OOPL.
--
        Lawrence G. Mayka
        AT&T Bell Laboratories