From: Emmett McLean
Subject: Novice lisp programmer questions
 A few questions :

 Is there an ftp site where I could pick up
 the emacs-lisp reference manual in info or
 nroff form? (I expect to purchase the
 emacs-lisp reference manual next week
 but having this now would be very helpful.)

 Which lisp system, franz or emacs, provides the
 best utilities for the programmer developing
 generic lisp applications? (I suppose these
 systems have the same engine but I see the mechanisms
 for loading files and debugging programs
 as being different.)

 Assuming that I am using emacs-lisp, would
 someone like to suggest some emacs-lisp debugging
 functions I should experiment with?  Actually,
 if you respond to this you might expect an email
 question or two.

 Does emacs-lisp have a mechanism for dynamically
 linking to C programs or visa-versa?  Unless
 you have a simple example handy don't knock
 yourself out on this one. For now I am curious
 if this can be done or whether Scheme should
 be used for projects which might use this.

 Finally, I understand that kyoto common lisp is
 much different than franz lisp? Due to the scoping
 rules. Are there workarounds?

 Feel free to post but email as sometimes
 several days pass between the reading of newsgroups.

 Thanks,

  -e