From: Captain Entropy
Subject: Formatted output question
Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm new to the ways of Eval and Apply,
and have a question that isn't dealt with in Winston and Horn (though I'm
sure it is in Steele, which Idon't have). What is the Lisp "(format"
equivalent to this C fragment?:
printf("%3d",baz);
i.e., print something at-least-three-characters-wide.
		      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks very much for any help.
--
Develope and freely distribute subversive orgasmatron technology
		················@cs.yale.edu
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Formatted output question
In article <············@capstan.secf.cis.yale.edu> ················@yale.edu (Captain Entropy) writes:
>What is the Lisp "(format" equivalent to this C fragment?:
>printf("%3d",baz);

(format t "~3d" baz)

If you don't have a Lisp reference that includes details like this, you
need a better Lisp reference.  Otherwise you're likely to waste lots of
time (yours and ours) asking simple questions on the net.  The net is no
substitute for basic documentation.