From: Philip Greenspun
Subject: baby-man wants to use Common Lisp/NextStep on PC.  Decent environments?
I'm a baby-man who has been spoiled by the Lisp Machine, and Mac
Common Lisp.  It seems now that every computer scientist from the
1970's has been assigned a personal devil.  My personal devil is
threatening to inflict upon me a DEC 486 PC-compatible with NextStep.
Is there any way to develop a Common Lisp application on the PC that
drives NextStep without either (in order of disagreeability) (1)
puking, (2) having to stick needles in my eyes, (3) having to program
in C?

Thanks alot.  Please respond by email.

--

      -- Philip Greenspun

MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
545 Technology Square, Rm 433, Cambridge, MA 02139, (617) 253-8574
Personal Web URL:  file://martigny.ai.mit.edu/pub/philg/philg.html
(my attempt to produce the most koolacious node on the Web)