From: William Myers
Subject: Re: Documenting LISP code
I used to be a LISP hacker and we had the same problem at my
company.  We did a Gina-like thing of our own.  We had cover
macros called define-function, define-method, define-variable.
They provided a lot of keywords for things like documentin
g the author, internal and external documentation, argument
documentation and types.  We were able to do some type-checking
with this information, as well as writing out indexed LaTeX
code.

The whole system took a couple of weeks to implement and was fairly
well automated including some Emacs macros to convert a defun to
a define-function, etc.

As a result, our documentation became easier to maintain and was
much more accurate.  Go for it.