From: Simon McIntosh-Smith
Subject: lisp for PCs needed
I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague who doesn't have internet
news access. Please reply directly via e-mail to him at the address given
at the bottom of this posting. Neither of us are regular readers of this
newsgroup.

Help Requested:

I want to use a PC Lisp to solve a real world problem
requiring a very large search space.

So far, attempts to find details (hardware and software
requirements, performance etc) on PC Lisp packages has
proved difficult - software companies have generally sent
out-of-date technical summaries and sparce details. Worse,
I haven't been able to get any company to send any demonstration
software or provide names of any satisfied customers. I have some
details on Gold Hill's Golden Common Lisp and GCLisp
Developer, but not enough to assure me that they will do
the job.

I have about 1000 UK pounds available (flexible).
This is approx. 1400 US dollars.

If anyone out there uses either of the above packages, or
another PC Lisp to solve real world problems requiring
very large search spaces, I'd be very grateful for any
details on requirements and performance. Just an assurance
that they work would be a big help :-)

Thanks for your help,

Dr Paul Roach
Dept of Mathematics and Computing