From: Ulrich Kriegel
Subject: Re: Compiling/Linking of Lisp with other languages
Yuan-chi (Bill) Chiu (········@ucssun1.sdsu.edu) wrote:
: Hello Lispers,

:    After compiling a lisp program from within the environment, is the resultant
: compiled code ready to be executed alone?  Probably not (correct me if nil)

:    I like Lisp as a programming language for solving problems.  But it isn't
: strong in fields such as building user-interface or communicating with the
: hardware; these jobs are easier done under C/C++ or OBERON.  So, if I want
: to use a Lisp function I wrote in my C/C++ program, how do I do it?

There is an EuLisp->C Compiler from ISST Berlin which compiles
EuLisp-Modules intonatural  C source code  which then can be linked
together witch C programs. Because of the compilation into C there is
no problem to call lisp functions from C and vice versa. As an example
we compiled Lisp functions to be used as call-back in motif or dialog
manager (a commerc. gui-tool)
So ,I think, there are solutions to your problem.

--ulrich
Dr. E.Ulrich Kriegel, ··············@isst.fhg.de, (++49 30) 20372-346
Fraunhofer Institute for Software Engineering and Systems Engineering
(FhG ISST), Kurstrasse 33, D-10117 Berlin, FRG
fax:   (++49 30) 20372-207